The LEAN Program
Are you fed up with self-sabotaging all your weight loss attempts with emotional eating?
Do you yearn to be able to relate to food like ‘normal’ people do?
You can stop using food for all the wrong reasons.
You can get back in charge of food: what you eat, when, and how much.
You can get off the soul-destroying binge-restrictive diet-binge cycle.
And you most definitely CAN attain your ideal weight and size, and maintain it without constant struggle!
Rachel had been overweight since she was a child. She had put herself on her first diet at the age of 13, and since then had tried every diet plan - from sensible to downright crazy - ever invented.
But every time she committed to losing weight, she would start to self-sabotage within just a couple of days.
Fundamentally, Rachel didn’t feel deserving of having the healthy, slim body she desired. Her body was a source of shame to her, and she related to it as if it were her worst enemy.
But now the nightmare is over for Rachel!
- Feeling comfortable in your own skin... even before you’re at your ideal weight.
- Relating to food like ‘normal’ people do - as a source of sustenance for you body, and something to be enjoyed, but not the be-all and end-all of life.
- Being able to tell when you’re actually hungry, rather than having every emotional experience - sadness, anger, frustration, boredom, loneliness - ‘show up’ as hunger.
- And needing no will-power to eat only when you’re hungry, and to stop when you’re full.
What if all of this felt like a perfectly normal thing for you to do? This is now Rachel’s reality… and it can be yours, too!
So why is it so hard to have a normal, healthy relationship with food?
Look, I get it. As a former emotional eater and bulimic myself, I understand your frustration with all those people - including most doctors, dietitians, personal trainers, weight loss consultants and authors of diet books - who just don’t understand your issues with food.
They tell you that you just need to reduce your portion size. If it was that simple, you would have solved your problems with food and weight long ago!
They tell you that you need to develop will-power, but that just makes you feel guilty and inadequate… which makes you crave that chocolate bar even more .
They tell you need to eat more protein, or less fat, or more carbohydrates, or less carbohydrates, or achieve some magic ratio of fat:protein:carbohydrate which will supposedly melt fat effortlessly off your body. (Spoiler alert - independent research has shown that there’s no difference in outcome between a diet that simply restricts calories, and one that manipulates your intake of protein, fat and carbohydrate.)
They tell you that you need to exercise more, but studies clearly show that increasing your activity level has only a marginal impact on your weight, especially if you’re female.
But very few of them acknowledge that food addiction is a real phenomenon, and that it drives emotional eating both biochemically and emotionally. And even if they do, they don’t know what to do about it!
That’s where Rachel was stuck. She had read so many books and articles on weight loss that she was a walking encyclopedia on the subject. But none of what she read had ever translated to sustainable weight loss or a healthy relationship with food.
It was only once she gained a clear understanding of what food actually did once it got inside her body, that she was able to implement an eating plan that worked for her:
“I have been eating "healthy" for a while but since starting The LEAN Program I have dropped so much weight and haven't even been doing any exercise. I think what helps it really click is the understanding of WHY to eat this way. Robyn explained all the jargon in clear language.”
What was even more important to Rachel in the long run was becoming friends with her body:
“I think I thought I was ok with my body image before I started and boy was I in for a surprise. Robyn took me through a journey of body discovery and I realised where I was stuck in critical thinking and how I could love my body shape no matter what family or friends think! What I found ironic was the more I accepted myself as fat the readier I became to be thin. So having lost weight I accept myself as I am now and I accept and recognize the 'fuller figured' shape I used to have.”
Another huge realisation for Rachel was that she used food - unhealthy, calorie-dense food that made her feel sick and sluggish after she ate it - as a self-punishment. The ultimate liberation for her came when she learned to accept herself exactly as she was.
There are 4 vital steps to transforming your relationship with food.
Just like Rachel, to find your way out of the maze of emotional eating, food addiction and poor body image, you need to:
Cut through the bulls*** about eating for sustainable weight loss, and discover what really works.
Hint - it’s not what you’re being told in women’s magazines, gyms and popular blogs! The same eating plan that helps you achieve and maintain your ideal weight also allows you to enjoy radiant health, stable mood, and protection against chronic diseases. Why settle for anything less?
Learn how to set up your environment - at home, work or school, and any anywhere else that you regularly spend time - to support you rather than constantly undermining you.
Don’t shoot yourself in the foot by trying to rely on will-power; set yourself up for success instead.
Discover the secrets to taming your cravings for foods that derail you.
Cravings have both biochemical and emotional drivers; knowing how to address both will set you free!
Replace beliefs that keep you imprisoned in self-defeating behaviour patterns that perpetuate weight problems, poor health, negative body image, and an unhealthy relationship with food.
I call this step ‘Rewiring Your Brain’ because it involves breaking old neural circuits and establishing new ones that make it easy to stay on track.
It's time to ditch the boot-camp and join the love-in.
The LEAN Program is the product of my own journey, and the journeys I've been guiding my clients on for the last 19 years, from the pain of emotional eating to the freedom of natural eating. That journey has 4 stages:
Stage 1: Learn what to eat for radiant health, stable mood, and your ideal weight
Let’s get real here. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to change what you’re eating. But with so many claims and counter-claims about what you should and shouldn’t eat in order to lose weight, how are you supposed to pick the difference between a fad diet and a dietary program that will deliver real and lasting results?
Fortunately, the apparent confusion about what really works is just a smokescreen generated by cynical marketers, to keep the market for weight loss advice in a constant state of expansion – there’s always money to be made bringing out a ‘brand new’ diet or weight loss pill! There really isn’t any great confusion among legitimate weight loss researchers, about what kind of dietary program is the most successful for sustainable weight loss.
Unfortunately though, this research is locked up in medical journals, in language that’s virtually incomprehensible to the average layperson!
So in Week 1 of The LEAN Program, I pull back the jargon-curtain and explain to you, in straightforward terms, what the science of weight loss shows. You’ll never be sucked in by fad diets again once you understand the key principles I’m going to share with you. You’ll be crystal clear about what to eat and why, so you can get on with doing what will get results you want, rather than wasting your precious time and energy chasing every diet idea, book and product that comes on the market.
And what’s even better, is that you’ll start to reap benefits from the dietary component of The LEAN Program – increased energy, feeling lighter and healthier – from day 1, even before you begin to lose weight:
- John, Sydney
I am now almost 10 kg closer to my goal weight than when I first started The LEAN Program. Another 5 to 6 kg will see me reach my goal weight, but it is more how I look and feel that guides me now... since switching my diet, I haven't had any migraine headaches. I doubt that that's just a coincidence!
Stage 2: Establish your LEAN Environment
There’s a wise proverb that says that “Failing to plan is planning to fail”. Yet most people don’t recognise that seemingly minor influences – both positive and negative – can tip the balance on their chances of success or failure.
As a matter of fact these physical, social, emotional and cognitive influences, which psychologists call ‘channel factors’, have a much bigger impact on us than our intentions and our will-power.
In Week 2, we’ll identify these channel factors, diagnose the ones that are impacting on you, and develop strategies to both neutralise the channel factors that are undermining you, and harness the powerful benefits of positive channel factors.
Finally, you’ll be able to reclaim all the energy you’ve been losing to the constant battle with the people and situations in your life that sabotage you! Not only will you know how to set up the support you need to achieve your goals, I’ll walk you through each step of the process of setting up that support.
- Adrianne, Sydney
I liked the exercises on the negative channel factors. I thought my main area would be the physical environment (home, work, etc) however I soon realised that the other factors - social, knowledge and time played a big part as well.
Stage 3: ANNIHILATE your cravings
Food cravings can derail you even if you’re 100% committed and you’ve set up your environment for success. In Week 3 of The LEAN Program, we’ll dive deep into the biochemical and emotional origins of food cravings. Just understanding WHY you experience them will set you on the road to freedom – it’s not because you lack will-power!
But we’ll go far beyond just understanding them… you’ll learn how to use an amazingly simple yet powerful technique to neutralise even the most compelling craving. I’ll take you step-by-step through the process of identifying the emotional roots of your cravings, and guide you in finding appropriate ways to meet the needs your cravings are bringing to your attention.
This is a highlight of The LEAN Program for many graduates: they feel so empowered, knowing that they’re in control of what they eat, not the other way around! You too will have this peace of mind, and confidence that you have the internal resources to handle temptation.
- Rochele, Melbourne
Doing EFT on cravings from childhood (chocolate cookies) really took so many ghosts out of the closet for me and showed me the emotional voids that were filled with food. This understanding took me off 'autopilot' cravings and now when I have a craving I stop and think and can label what I need emotionally.
- Lexie, Sydney
After our session, I sat there for a bit just processing everything. I started to feel a little bored which meant that I started to feel hungry. I could feel myself salivating and the smells from the slow cooker weren't helping. But I didn't have that immediate reaction of "I have to look for food", it was just "okay I'm hungry"; more a statement of fact without the emotional reaction. I'm still feeling that 'hunger' but I just had some water and it's fine. I don't feel neglected or isolated.
The tie that was linking my emotions to hunger and then my hunger back to my emotions is gone. There's just the hunger and then my emotions, 2 separate parts of me that just exist alongside each other. It's sooooooo freeing! Thank you!
Stage 4: Establish NEW NEURONAL NETWORKS
For most people, losing weight is – relatively speaking – the easy part. Keeping it off long term is the real challenge! To achieve this, you need to literally rewire your brain so that you think, feel and act differently around food.
Luckily, for you, you don’t need to be a brain surgeon to do this; in Weeks 4 and 5 of The LEAN Program I’ll be teaching you cutting-edge techniques that literally pull apart the neural connections that keep you locked in patterns of self-sabotage, and then leading you through the process of setting up new neural pathways that pave your way to success.
Once you learn how to get your brain 100% on your side , you’ll finally have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you’ve cracked the code: you’ll never have to worry about your weight again. Even better, you’re going to experience a radical transformation in how you experience your body – even before it looks the way you want it to.
I have a special title for this transition:
Moving from trying to hate yourself thin, to learning how to love yourself slim, healthy and happy.
It’s absolutely key to The LEAN Program, and it turns out that this has been more important to all the program participants than simply achieving their goal weight.
So now you may be wondering, "Robyn, how EXACTLY are you going to teach me ....
- What to eat in order to lose weight and keep it off effortlessly, keep my mood steady and supercharge my health,
- How to set myself up for success by harnessing the power of channel factors,
- How to get on top of my cravings so I'M in charge of what I eat,
- How to rewire my brain so I never sabotage myself again
so that I can finally feel in control around food, and have the body of my dreams without having to drive myself crazy to get it?"
Here's my answer...
I've designed this program to go much deeper than any book you could read or self-help program you could sign up to, that reels you in with a promise that it has 'the answer', and then leaves you alone to struggle your way through finding the time, the focus and the clarity to implement what you've learned. That's just not the way I operate.
I've designed training materials that walk you all the way through the 4 steps I've laid out above. Your success matters to me, and it's not okay with me for you to achieve anything less than the healthy and slim body, peace of mind, and feeling of being in control of your life, that you desire.
Here are the SPECIFICS of how we're going to do this:
- As soon as you sign up for the program, you'll be sent an invitation to our exclusive members' website, where you'll be able to access all your coursework, webinars, additional worksheets, audios, exercises and much more. You'll receive 1 lesson per week, so you have ample time to absorb the information, implement it in your life, and integrate it before you move on to the next step.
- Immediately upon registration, you'll receive a pre-course assignment that helps you clarify exactly what you want in terms of your body size and shape, eating behaviour and relationship with food and your body. Having a clear end in mind is the first step toward achieving any goal; vague intentions lead to disappointing outcomes while defined intentions act as an invisible magnet, pulling you toward what you desire.
- There are 6 x 1.5 hour webinars for you to watch and listen to, from the comfort of your own home, 5 of which step you through each element of the program, with a final Q&A webinar which gets right into the nitty gritty of applying what you learnt in the course in your everyday life. These prerecorded webinars lay out the theory behind each step, give many practical examples of application of that theory from my extensive experience with clients, and also feature sessions in which I laser coach, answer questions and help program participants - people on the same journey as you - neutralise their food cravings, identify their blocking beliefs and release traumatic memories that keep them locked in self-defeating behaviour patterns. You won't believe how much you'll get out of these sessions! All my program participants tell me that they get major breakthroughs just by listening to me work with other participants on issues they're having themselves.
- You'll be able - if you choose - to interact with other participants in a private Facebook group, so you can start building your support network from Day 1.
- You'll receive other invaluable resources as the course unfolds, including training in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) which is used extensively throughout the course; additional recordings of live sessions with my clients, and a private journal for you to document your journey and explore the concepts you're learning.
And you'll also receive this fantastic bonus:
Healthy Eating - for Life! Online Course
Valued at $99, this comprehensive course - originally a 7-disc set containing over 20 hours of video and audio, and now online for your learning convenience - is the perfect partner to The LEAN Program!
Healthy Eating - for Life! takes what you learn in The LEAN Diet to a whole new level. Watch the recorded webinars that give you all the background information about the foods that comprise the core of The LEAN Diet, then follow me into my kitchen with a group of my students, as I demonstrate 40 delicious recipes that will help you feel great while losing weight effortlessly.
AND on top of all that...
You'll also receive a bonus follow-up webinar after you complete the course: "Secrets to Making it Stick: How to stay on track... for the rest of your life!" With the strategies you learn in this webinar, you'll be able to navigate around any obstacles to success that come up.
- John, Sydney
The LEAN Program is the only program that I have come across that deals with the demons of my past that I have been hanging onto for so long and using to prevent me from achieving my weight control and other life goals.
Before starting the course, I was unmotivated, lethargic and overweight with terrible eating habits. After five weeks so far, I have more energy, greater motivation (which I have put into action) and a much healthier and more natural eating regime.
I have lost several kilos in weight and am well on my way to achieving my weight loss goals while picking up several 'bonus' habits, tools and insights about myself along the way.
I recommend the course to others as a way to learn how to deal with their weight and other life issues in a non-intimidating environment.
By now you're probably wondering "So what's this going to cost me?" I'm not going to insult your intelligence by comparing it to the cost of a daily cup of coffee or a designer outfit. Let's level with each other: I think your health - physical, emotional and mental - is your most important asset, and I'm hoping you agree with me.
Your investment of $297 (or 2 easy instalments of $179, paid 1 month apart) in this 6-week course is way less than
- 6 weeks of meals with Australia's leading provider of delivered-to-your-door diet meals, which costs $810-$966 depending on what calorie level you require. And you'd learn absolutely nothing about how to prepare healthy meals for yourself, or how to deal with the cravings you experience for 'off-the-plan' foods.
- 6 weeks of premium membership with a popular women's gym, including joining fee, which will set you back nearly $549. And this despite clear evidence that exercise is NOT an effective weight-loss strategy for women.
- Bariatric surgery, which will cost you $1000s in out-of-pocket expenses, and allow you to lose only 1 kg or so a week, while putting you at risk of serious - even life-threatening - complications and teaching you NOTHING about how to overcome your emotional eating!
Plus you're protected by my 'I Love This Course' Guarantee:
I’m confident that when you join The LEAN Program, you’re going to be thrilled. I also know that if you follow the steps and do the work, you will start getting results QUICKLY.
Just to back that up, I’ll give you 30 days to live with the program and REALLY decide if it’s right for you. If you decide it’s not, just let me know by email within 30 days of purchase, return the DVD set in resaleable condition and I’ll give you a full refund, no reason needed (although obviously I’d love to know why the course wasn’t a good fit for you).
Just to summarise, here's what you get:
- 5 go-at-your-own pace modules packed with multimedia learning materials: webinars, audios, worksheets, practical exercises and much more, which you access through an exclusive members' website.
- A bonus 1.5 hour Q&A webinar that dives deep into the everyday application of the principles you'll learn in the course.
- A pre-course assignment that will help you get crystal-clear on what you want in terms of your body shape and size, eating behaviour and relationship with food, so you're set up for success from the beginning.
- A private Facebook group in which you can interact with other participants, get your questions answered quickly, and build your support network.
- Bonus materials including training in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and additional recordings of EFT sessions that you can use to speed up your own healing.
- The Healthy Eating - for Life! multimedia set, delivered to your door
- A bonus webinar: "Secrets to Making it Stick: How to stay on track... for the rest of your life!" after the course wraps up.
P.S. Look, let me be totally straight with you here. I've been in the business of helping people transform for long enough to know that some people just aren't ready to change yet. So if that's you, I'm fine with that and I hope your day will come soon.
But if you've HAD ENOUGH of feeling out of control of your eating and your body, then MAKE A DECISION about joining the program now, before you jump off this page. Please don't let this be one more thing you need to "think about." Nothing will keep you further from achieving your dream of a healthy, slim body than delaying decisions.
So YES or NO, trust that and move forward. If YES, just click the button above to get immediate access to your pre-program assignment, and start working towards your success right away.
Or do you still have a few questions?
Q.How exactly does The LEAN Program work?
A.As soon as you register, you’ll be given your login details to access the private course website, where you’ll find your pre-work waiting for you – so you can hit the ground running!
Then you’re going to receive 1 learning module per week which will take you step-by-step through The LEAN Program; and 1 bonus Q&A webinar where you can get answers to frequently asked questions.
You’ll have access to all of these learning materials FOREVER!!! so you can learn at your own pace, and review the lessons as many times as you need to so it all ‘sinks in’.
Q.Who is this course suited for?
A.This program is for people who are fed up with feeling out of control of their eating, their bodies, and their lives, and are ready to transform! Don’t sign up if you expect me to do all the work for you – you need to be committed to implementing what you learn.
My training materials will help you along every step of the way, but I can’t wave a magic wand and make all your blocks and challenges melt away. If you commit to doing the work, I commit to sticking with you until you succeed.
Q.What if I have a medical problem that makes it difficult for me to lose weight?
A.You’re in luck! I’m a university-qualified naturopath and nutritionist with over 20 years of clinical experience. My program works for people with all manner of health conditions and medications. If you need more tailored guidance because of your health situation, you have the option of booking private in-person or Skype/telephone consultations with me.
Q.I’m so tired of false promises. Will this really work?
A.No false promises here. In fact, the only promise I can make you is that if you don’t start doing things differently to how you do them now, you will find yourself stuck right where you are now! Success comes from taking intelligent ACTION. I’ll provide the information and support you need. Then it’s over to you to implement it.